Midland Funding LLC - “ How do you deal with this collection agency"?

Midland Funding LLC is a collection agency (CA) with a lot of consumer complaints. Read through the topics given below to learn how you can deal with Midland Funding LLC collections if they contact you regarding an outstanding debt.

What steps should you take if the CA contacts you about an old debt?

You should take the following steps in dealing with Midland Funding LLC:

  • Ask for validation: If the agency comes after you for an old debt you think you do not owe, you should send them a validation letter. If they cannot validate the account, they have no right to collect money from you.
  • Check the SOL: Check your state law and find out if the Statute of Limitations (SOL) has expired on the account they're trying to collect on. If the SOL has expired, the agency cannot sue you to collect on the debt.
  • Send Cease and Desist letter: If the collection agency fails to validate the account, the SOL has expired, or if you want to deal directly with the original creditor, you should send the CA a Cease and Desist letter asking them to stop contacting you. If they don't, they will be in breach of the FDCPA and probably your state's consumer protection laws as well. You should also file a complaint against Midland Funding LLC with your State's Attorney General and the FTC.

What are the common Midland Funding LLC complaints?

Consumers who've already dealt with this collection agency have shared their complaints with the DebtCC community. Some of those complaints are:

  • Placing a levy on bank accounts: Many consumers have complained that the collection agency often places a levy on their bank accounts without informing them. Learn more
  • Making harassing calls: One customer complained that the CA sued him for a Verizon account, even though he claimed that everything had been settled with the phone company. He also stated that Midland Funding was harassing him continually for the debt and that one of the collectors shouted so much at him during one call that he had to disconnect the line. Check out the details
  • Garnishment: A consumer says the company illegally garnished his Social Security disability check. He was never served with a summons and a complaint to appear in court before it was garnished. Check this post

If you want to contact Midland Funding LLC, use the following information:

Midland Funding LLC address:

227, W Trade St Ste 1610,
Charlotte, NC 28202-1676

Midland Funding LLC phone number: (704) 837-0421

Posts: 1723
Credits: 27744.4

I'm asking this question for my Cousin who lives in Iowa.

Is there anyway to stop a wage garnishment without filing for bankruptcy. My cousing received a phone call from midland funding llc debt collector on Friday saying they were going to proceed with the garnishment, but if she was able to make arrangements please give them a call. Well she was going to call them the folloing Monday and when she got her check that Monday 200 was gone for the garnishment. She knew they were trying to sue her but things kept getting held up because the Midland Company didn't have their stuff together. They also kept telling my cousin to call, but they would never return her calls. Why would they call her on Friday telling her to call for arrangements knowing they were already getting some of her money. She wants to pay them, but she can't afford to have her wages garnished. Is there anyway to prove that this is causing financial hardship. She has two young kids to take care of and she she is already two months behind on her car payment. When she gets paid again, the next 200 will make her short on rent. I heard somewhere that a "CLAIM OF EXEMPTION" can be filed. Does anybody know anything about that and how it works. Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.


Sub: #1 Debt validation form
Thu, 01/03/2013 - 12:29

Where do i find a debt validation letter or form,or is it something i just write myself?


Sub: #2 Claim of Exemption
Wed, 10/31/2012 - 16:02

I just went, or rather, am going through this. You have a limited time after the initial information on the wage garnishment starts. You can get the Claim of Exemption form online, or go to your nearest Legal Aid location, and tehy will help you fill it out. A simple form stating your income and your expenses. List everything you earn, adn everything you spend on a regular basis, and don't forget to put in some money for entertainment (movie night once a month...)
This form, needs to be delivered to the office that served the wage garnishment, mine was the Sheriff's Dept. Once that is filed, a copy is sent to the plaintiff. If they disagree with your numbers, or think they can get a judge to side with them, they have 15 days to file a request for a hearing. If they do not, all the money that has been collected will be returned to you. If they fight the Claim of Exemption, you will have a hearing date set, and a judge will look over your finances, and decide on an amount, if any that is fair for them to garnish from your wages each pay period.

Hope this helps someone.


Sub: #3 Midland
Fri, 10/26/2012 - 15:01

This company goes by several aka's heres the deal you can dispute these accts and once the CRA takes them off .FTC says it is deceptive business practices to change the name of the origional company to add it back once deleted..

Here is what you need to verify..
1. Check 2 reports if you have had them previously deleted.
2. Match up the acct #'s if they match you still in the game.
3. Start printing off the papers that have 2 diff names with same acct #.
4. File a civil complaint on line with your local law enforcement.
5. Call each credit Bureau and tell them what has happened. Let them know you have the printouts for this problem.
6. Offer to fax ea CRA a copy of what you have .
7. Contact the FTC and explain this to them..
8. Find a attorney.
We lost the loan on our house due to this company.
I can get actual damages because my loan officer typed a letter stating the only change was from this company and slammed my husbands credit.. Don't be scared of them they buy dirty paper and try to force compliance in our case I caught on before they could sue or start a bad roller coaster ride..Hope this helps...


Sub: #4 Phone number
Tue, 08/14/2012 - 00:28

Phone number 8664067565


Posts: 2313
Credits: 49549.55

Sub: #5 Check whether or not the collection agency has secured a judgmen
Wed, 06/01/2011 - 03:08

Check whether or not the collection agency has secured a judgment order against you from the court. There are some retirement accounts which are exempted from garnishment. These are 401(k) account, 403(b) accounts, etc. To get more details on this issue, visit the following page:
http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/getting-loan/about17 025.html



Sub: #6 Midland garnished my retirement check
Tue, 05/31/2011 - 18:49

Midland garnished my entire retirement check and $13,000.00 of my savings and most of that was retirement money and the bank and or midland will not release it. California. I thought the only company that could garnish retirement was irs


Sub: #7 Midland funding is a rip off
Mon, 05/30/2011 - 01:12

These people are something else, they are doing the same thing to me, garnished my payroll check, thanks for the heads up, i will clean out my accounts in the morning...


Sub: #8 Don't be afraid!
Thu, 05/26/2011 - 08:49

I received a summons from Midland Funding LLC for $863.00. I had never heard of this company before and knew nothing of this debt. I contacted the attorney for the plantiff and told him this was not my debt. He told me that I had been sent out a letter more than thirty days ago and they were not required to show me proof of anything. I followed the advice of people on this site and other sites and sent a certified debt validation letter to the attornies, Midland Funding, and the court. I was really scared for my court date but it was this morning and guess what? Case dismissed! They did not even show up in court.I was devastated when I received the summons and thought for sure I would be garnished for something that wasn't even mine. The best advice I can give is to do research on the company, on the alleged debt you owe, etc. Write a certified letter of validation. Always show up in court. Of course it is morally right for a person to pay their debts. If the debt is truly yours, try to work something out with the creditor. They will see that something is better than nothing. If it is not yours, don't give up the fight. I was shocked when I did research on Midland Funding and discovered how many bogus lawsuits they actually file. Lawsuits are very scary and unpleasant either way. I was in tears on my way to court. I feel vindicated now though.


Sub: #9 I wanted to see what my options are in regards to a situation wi
Sat, 05/21/2011 - 10:36

I wanted to see what my options are in regards to a situation with a Midland Funding LLC who has hired Fulton Friedman & Gullace LLP who filed a wage garnishment. I actually agreed to a payment option but when I told them I wouldn't be able to make the initial payment until the following month, Hans Aguilar the paralegal for the firm told me the deal was off. I wanted to see what I can do to stop the wage garnishments. I tried to talk to three people at Fulton Friedman and Gullace LLP but I was told on they couldn't do anything for me, it was my fault.


Sub: #10 I was just called about a summons for a court date on a deliquen
Wed, 05/18/2011 - 12:08

I was just called about a summons for a court date on a deliquent credit card I had while I was married. We divorced and I had no income. I am now on Disability and have very little to live on. What is my recourse considering this matter. Help!

Add new comment

This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Share post

Page loaded in 4.965 seconds.