DebtConsolidationCare [A+ on BBB] Logo
DebtConsolidationCare Forums
Discuss your problems and get out of debt
Get honest and blunt feedback on your debt issues from Experts for FREE
For Free Debt Counseling: Call 800-DEBT-913 or

Forster & Garbus

Posts: 1
Credits: 60.1

I received a letter from them collecting a debt. The thing is that I don't know if this is truly my debt. My ex signed my name to some credit cards. I wrote them back and told them to send me something that proved this was my debt. This is even before I knew what a validation request was. Their reply was to send me two forms to fill out. They want a Police report and my social security card???? This doesn't sound cool to me. I was contacted by them in the past for other debts and I'm in a payment plan with them. I'm worried they are just going to keep sending these things. I don't know what to do.


Posts: 4668
Credits: 30821.994972777

Sub: #1 First, pull your credit reports @ and
Fri, 08/08/2008 - 11:46

First, pull your credit reports @ and see if there are any other fraudulent accounts reporting. If you are dealing with IDT even if it was your ex, you can file the appropriate paperwork and send it to the CRA's and the CA. Do not send your SS to any CA though

If this is legitimate Identity Theft, then go to and download the IDT Affadavit, fill it out and have it notorized. Check your local PD's website and see if they have an IDT link to tell you where and how to file the report. Once you have the notorized Affadavit and police reports, send them along with proof of ID (DL and SS card w/ first 5 numbers blacked out) and a list of all fraudulent accounts and inquiries to all 3 CRA's CMRRR. By law, if you follow the steps from the FTC, the CRA's must permanently block (not suppress) any account or inquiry associated with IDT. Send the IDT affadavit and police reports to the CA's and OC's reporting on your reports and be done with them. Hang on to all that for the future because you may need to deal with the next CA's(JDB's) to get the accounts.


Sub: #2 Forster and Garbus
Wed, 09/24/2008 - 20:15

I went to court with these characters. The "counsel" didn't bring ANYTHING with him. They prey on ppl w/ bad credit and hopr to collect an easy default judgment.


Sub: #3 This is regarding somebody took the loan in my name and yr compa
Sun, 11/09/2008 - 22:17

This is regarding somebody took the loan in my name and yr company has served a summons in my name. I have not taken any loan any firm during my stay in New york. Someone used my id and take the loan. In this connection i need yr help.

Add new comment

More information
  • Files must be less than 2 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Share post

Page loaded in 1.584 seconds.