Avante USA - Are there any allegations against them?
Rate This Article:
by 6878 members
Avante USA Ltd is one of the most prominent collection agencies based in Houston, Texas. Glance through the sections below to know about the experiences of the consumers with Avante USA Ltd.
What are the main allegations against Avante USA?
Here are some key complaints against Avante USA:
- Frequent calls: One consumer complained that Avante USA called him repeatedly but never left a message. He didn't understand why the collection agency (CA) called him several times without leaving a message. Here is the details
- Aggressive behavior: Another consumer was very angry with the collection agency. The consumer said that a representative of Avante USA called him and behaved very rudely with him. The representative named Ron screamed at the consumer when he was told not to call again. Get more information
- False threats: Avante USA is also accused of making false threats to the consumers. A consumer said the collection agency threatened him that they will take action against him. The collection agency keeps calling him regarding debt consolidation and foreclosure when he has no property or credit cards. He feels it is a scam. Get the details
- Unprofessional attitude: A person complained that the employees of the collection agency behaved unprofessionally. The person said that a lady called him and started laughing hysterically when answered the phone. Check out the details
- Fraud: An angry consumer said that Avante USA said that Avant USA called him regarding a paid off account. He claimed that the paid off debt is also reported on his credit report. But the collection agency is calling and harassing him about that account. Know more
- Scam: One lady complained in the DebtCC Forum that the collection agency called her regarding a cancelled account. Her husband did not owe a single penny on that account. In spite of that, the CA claimed that her husband owed $1700 on the account. Learn more
- Disturbance at work place: The collection agency is even accused of disturbing consumers at work place. Avante USA called a consumer at his work place about a debt that has already paid is full. Find out more...
How should you fight with Avante USA?
You can take the following steps to fight with the collection agency:
- Check your credit report: If you get a call from Avante USA regarding a debt that you don't own, then check your credit report as soon as possible. You might be a victim of credit scam or identity theft.
- Ask them to validate the debt: It is better to ask the collection agency to validate the debt when they call you regarding an unpaid account. You should check whether they have sent you a proper validation letter. This is because they may just send you a computer generated letter with œvalidation of debt printed on top of it.
- Send a Cease and Desist letter: If the CA is calling you by mistake, then send a Cease and Desist letter via certified mail to them. You should clearly explain in the letter that you don't owe any debt to them. Make sure you inform them that you're not the person whom they want to reach actually. If the CA still contacts you, take legal steps against them.
- Make complain with FTC: If the collection agency calls you frequently regarding a debt you don't owe, then file a complaint with Federal Trade Commission or your State's Attorney General. Make sure you record the date, time and name of the person who calls you frequently.
How can you contact Avante USA?
You may get in touch with Avante USA collection agency at the following address:
Business Address: 2954 South Gessner, Suite 265
Houston, TX 77063
Phone Number: (713) 785-4467, (832) 476-1740
Fax Number: (713) 785-4467
Sub: Avante USA - Are there any allegations against them?
Mon, 12/05/2008 08:41