DebtConsolidationCare [A+ on BBB] Logo
DebtConsolidationCare Forums
Discuss your problems and get out of debt
Get honest and blunt feedback on your debt issues from Experts for FREE
For Free Debt Counseling: Call 800-DEBT-913 or

URS Collection Agency - Can they be trusted?

Credits: 1697.25
[Donate]

united recovery systems - can they be trusted.Has anybody dealt with them and felt like they could be trusted - they have changed the amount of the settlement twice and now they are calling me day and night - HSBC will not talk to me - they say call the collection agency - I am wondering if HSBC will take my bill back and let me paya them - this is Orchard - wish I have never laid eyes on these people

dduvall
Credits: 1697.25

Sub: #1 URS
Fri, 01/05/2007 - 08:13

I need to know if they will negotiate with me on my credit card debt - anybody had any luck?

Steg
Debt Samaritan
Credits: 5666.05

Sub: #2 Did you take the settlement offer in writing from the collection
Fri, 01/05/2007 - 13:57

Did you take the settlement offer in writing from the collection agency? If you have it, dispute their debit because it can be a case of breach of contract. Go to your bank and explain this problem. They will verify with the collection company because the collector did unauthorized debits in your account. If your dispute is found correct, you will have the money back into your account.

fjv4
Credits: 2055.7

Sub: #3 Quote:Did you take the settlement offer in writing from the coll
Mon, 01/08/2007 - 14:01

Quote:
Did you take the settlement offer in writing from the collection agency? If you have it, dispute their debit because it can be a case of breach of contract. Go to your bank and explain this problem. They will verify with the collection company because the collector did unauthorized debits in your account. If your dispute is found correct, you will have the money back into your account.

That's correct - if you have it in writing then they have breached the terms of the agreement.

I've dealt with them before. Like all CA's, they wanted payment made in the form of an ACH. I absolutely refuse to allow any CA access to a bank account. I mailed a money order via certified check every month and didn't have any problems with them. They sold my debt to RAB and I've continued to pay monthly by mail.

My Signature Isn't Very Good

Cow & Chicken
Credits: 39167.1

Sub: #4 I have been paying HSBC and they have been cashing my checks. T
Mon, 01/08/2007 - 16:07

I have been paying HSBC and they have been cashing my checks. The accounts state charged off on my credit reports so I'm still trying to find out if the accounts were sold to the CA's or not. I am waiting to hear back from the CA's on the DV letters that I sent them. Has URS validated your debt request?

RYDERS OF THE NIGHT

luhoe23
Credits: 338.9

Sub: #5 In regars to mishells and dduvalle
Thu, 01/18/2007 - 22:36

Duvalle- a couple of questions on your hsbc acc-i used to work at urs and is a reputable company for sure- they have several divisions of hsbc accs pre-legal and pre-chargeoff accs --the best thing i can think of is if your acc is not charged off then the reason your settlement is changing is because they have a certain percentage they can allow to settle its possible hsbc is still charging you late fees and intres if so thats why the settlment is changing--(if you owed 100.00 and they can settle for 50% its 50.00, if hsbc adds 100.00 of intrest and fees your new bal is 200.00 and 50% is 100.00)if the acc is charged off the intrest is still acruing on your acc making your set go up. If you want a low price you need to set when they offer it to you////also to the responce you got if you had a settlement letter sent to you check the due date you only have till a certain time to get the money in or the settlement is null and void

Mishele---urs does not have purchase papers hsbc is cashing your checks because the account still belongs to hsbc, you want to be carefull because even though you are making pmts to hsbc they have placed it in collections because your payment are not sufficient enough to cease any collection activity on the acc. I would call urs if i were you and discuss arangement with them that is why hsbc has placed the account their to give you an oppertunity to pay the acc.

Unregistered

Sub: #6 HSBC
Wed, 08/13/2008 - 10:34

Good luck with these people. We tried to settle our account that has 6 months past due. We had 1/2 the total amount that was owed. They were not willing to work with us. They wanted 80% right off so we thought they would work with us. Not true at all. My husband called 4 times in a 2 week period and talked to 4 different people, we logged down all calls. None of them showed that we had tried to call before and had no record of us trying to negotiate. During this time i was also getting harassing messages on my answering machine from HSBC saying that i was avoiding them and not returning their calls. What?? We were calling every few days. So we decided to turn this account over to our debt settlement place too. Seems we were unable to work anything out. So starting last week the collection agency that it was turned over to has been calling my supervisor at work, which i asked them not to call my work number and somehow got our cell phone number and have been calling it too. Leaving messages about how they want to work something out. We tried repeatedly to work something out and hit a brick wall so we gave up. I am keeping a record of all calls and times and dates incase i need them. If one of us does answer and politely tell them we have turned it over to a debt settlement place and hang up then they just call right back 2-3 more times. I feel that is harrassing. And in the beginning when we realised we were not going to be able to make the payments a rep from HSBC told us to go with a consolidation/settlement place that the company recomends it. So WTF????? Just my luck i again drew an aggressive collections person.

DOLLARSandSINCE

Credits: 13796.9

Sub: #7 Send them a limited cease comm letter mack. Give them the name
Wed, 08/13/2008 - 11:43

Send them a limited cease comm letter mack. Give them the name and number of your dmp and state that they are only allowed to contact you via that number. Then invest in a tape recorder and start recording the calls as you state the date and that they are violating your request to cease and desit communication.

Unregistered

Sub: #8 thanks, i've just gotten their address and have a letter ready
Thu, 08/14/2008 - 07:34

thanks, i've just gotten their address and have a letter ready to go certified mail this afternoon. The calls to the house didn't bother me, but the calls to work do. And now that school is starting my mom will be at my house every day getting the kids ready for school. I sure don't want her to get the calls. It seems that if we answer they will keep calling after we hang up. I don't want my mom to find out. We are thinking of changin our number too.

DOLLARSandSINCE

Credits: 13796.9

Sub: #9 I haven't had a registered home phone in years. It is great not
Thu, 08/14/2008 - 08:28

I haven't had a registered home phone in years. It is great not receiving any unsolicited calls including collection calls. I would recommend never giving out any phone contact info to any business including banks, cc and especially PDLs.

Unregistered

Sub: #10 I kept receiving calls at work and on my cell from this company.
Thu, 04/30/2009 - 05:39

I kept receiving calls at work and on my cell from this company. I stopped answering and when they called my work number it came up on caller ID so I answered and stated that I no longer worked at the company. Somehow they have gotten the name of my 4 year old. They left a message on my
parents answering machine (they live in a different city) and stated he had a debt that they were trying to collect. How can they do this and how could they get my kids name?

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question (Case Insensitive) is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA

Share post
-->

Page loaded in 3.591 seconds.